MD5: Need Advice
Yeah, it's completely wrong. Redownload a fresh copy of hashcat and do the changes correctly as I told you (I even highlighted a full set of lines you need to change so in theory you couldn't miss them, you just had to do the changes for the highlighted area, repeated for single hash and multi-hash - that's why I said "these changes need to be done for all places where you find uint_to_hex_lower8 () calls and const u32 pw_salt_len").
(05-15-2017, 08:37 PM)philsmd Wrote: Yeah, it's completely wrong. Redownload a fresh copy of hashcat and do the changes correctly as I told you (I even highlighted a full set of lines you need to change so in theory you couldn't miss them, you just had to do the changes for the highlighted area, repeated for single hash and multi-hash - that's why I said "these changes need to be done for all places where you find uint_to_hex_lower8 () calls and const u32 pw_salt_len").

Not that I'm at all surprised, but it looks like what you sent over works. I just tested twice. Sorry for the confusion, and noob level on the C code. I think I'm in good shape to start a pass on the real account. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Edit: Victory! Thank you so much for the help. I've successfully restored access required and have saved what was probably going to be a nearly 48 hour downtime from needing to occur.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Edit2: Not that you are likely to need it, but if you'd like the modified files to add support for this algorithm to the project, let me know and I can supply the modified files.