Virtual VRAM is stuck at 1024mb
Hi,
I recently started hashing after I received my first GPU, a GTX 670. I belive that it has 4gb of VRAM, but I'm not able to allocate more that 1024mb to it. It says at the top when I start the GUI that only 1024/4096mb are allocated, but that isn't enough to hold the dive.rule and top_5000.rule sets at the same time. I was running it on a friends computer, and it worked, but his card is a GTX Titan x with 8gb VRAM that he had in his workstation. Is there a way to allocate more memory to my graphics card? Thanks.
This is a known issue where NVIDIA specifically appears to never allocate more than 25% of total memory.

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic...n-nvidia-/
~
(06-10-2017, 01:19 AM)royce Wrote: This is a known issue where NVIDIA specifically appears to never allocate more than 25% of total memory.

Actually it applies to every vendor and model I have seen so far. There seem to be a de-facto standard of reporting a quarter of total memory.

Note though, that it's only the limit for any single allocation. Nothing stops you from doing several allocs and use all memory.