Luks Encrypted Disk
Hello everyone,
I have a disk that it is in VHD and there are 2 partitions inside that.
the 2nd partition is Luks encrypted,
i saw in some commands that from windows to use something like " dd /dev/sdaxx.
my question is 
1) is there any command inside hashcat to show the disks i have on my computer?
2) how to use with hashcat and take the first 2mb of the luks encrypted disk so i can crack it more easy?
3) how i am using hashcat with the command /dev/sda... to guide that to the encrypted from luks disk? i repeat there is VHD disk.
1) and 2) don't need hashcat, you can just google to find out what the terminal commands are

I don't quite understand what you mean with 3)....
(07-05-2017, 04:16 PM)TofuBoy22 Wrote: 1) and 2) don't need hashcat, you can just google to find out what the terminal commands are

I don't quite understand what you mean with 3)....

for the first 2mb i found this for hashcat
$ dd if=/dev/XXXX of=header.luks bs=512 count=4097   but i dont know what is the full command how is starting i mean..: c:\hashcat64.exe  ...??
are you using windows? because dd won't work....
(07-05-2017, 04:38 PM)TofuBoy22 Wrote: are you using windows? because dd won't work....

yes from windows i am trying
I think you can can mount your VHD in windows with the disk manager. If you can then refer to the LUKS Support added post by atom here https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-6225.html
I believe you should be able to run the linux commands needed within cygwin or Bash for windows. Alternatively you could boot up to a live disc of ubuntu and get the header from a terminal. If this works please let us know.