Distribute calculations and "verification" hashes
Hello. I'm trying to recover a hash using brutforce method.

I was planing to slice big task into number of smaller Chunks. After that set a -s "Skip" and -l "Length" values.

After reading documentation more closely (and a few hundreds of "Restore value is greater than keyspace" errors, or the other way around), I recovered --keyspace value for my task and tuned -s "Skip" value to the new one.

All seems to work great until I tried to add some verification hashes.
For each Chunk i want to provide a number of hashes within combinations range to control execution. 

The problem is, Hashcat takes this combinations list kind of randomly. You cant set "Skip" to 50% of keyspace value and expect Hashcat to start from 2500000000 to 50000000000 of my combinations one by one (aa, ab, ac, ...) and so on. Hashcat "Candidates" each time looks something like this "1Sjqy1 -> cxlyxx", but with its own logic.

Please tell me how can I generate verification hashes using keyspace as a reference to control chunk execution? Is there a way to calculate them without runing hashcat program?

Thank you.
hashcat is using markov chains to try more probable words first. You can have a look at the next candidates by running a command like

Code:
./hashcat64.bin --stdout -a3 '?a?a?a?a' -s 5555 -l 20
(08-21-2017, 07:44 PM)undeath Wrote: hashcat is using markov chains to try more probable words first. You can have a look at the next candidates by running a command like

Code:
./hashcat64.bin --stdout -a3 '?a?a?a?a' -s 5555 -l 20

Thank you for your reply.

--stdout works great, but runing Hashcat over and over for each hash kind of slow (if, for example, i want to get 1000 verification hashes across my task range). 

Is there by any chance a way to get them without Hashcat itself? I tried statsprocessor, but i get different results (including with --markov-classic flag).
Are both tools possibly using different hcstat files?
(08-22-2017, 03:55 PM)undeath Wrote: Are both tools possibly using different hcstat files?

Yes, you right, they are different. But if i copy hcstat from Hashcat to Statsprocessor i get an error:
Quote:hashcat.hcstat2: Could not load data

If I try the other way around (Statprocessor -> Hashcat), Hashcat display an error
Quote:Could not uncompress data.

What do i need to do, to convert one of them? Right now i have a default hcstat files from repositories, i can attach them if needed.
hashcat and statsprocessor do not share the same algorithm
(08-26-2017, 04:53 PM)atom Wrote: hashcat and statsprocessor do not share the same algorithm

Thank you. That's all i wanted to hear.