Hash File No Hashes Loaded error.
Hey

So I keep getting the error every time I try run the crack. I know I have ran the right mode in cmd as they are md5 hashes. Basically all I have done is copied all my hashes which I have in a excel document and copied them into my hash text file in my hashcat folder. I have looked around the web and YouTube but not sure what is causing this problem. Is there more I need to copy into my hash text file?

BTW I am of course on windows 10. Any help would be appreciated.
(09-15-2017, 12:26 AM)AtomTan Wrote: Hey

So I keep getting the error every time I try run the crack. I know I have ran the right mode in cmd as they are md5 hashes. Basically all I have done is copied all my hashes which I have in a excel document and copied them into my hash text file in my hashcat folder. I have looked around the web and YouTube but not sure what is causing this problem. Is there more I need to copy into my hash text file?

BTW I am of course on windows 10. Any help would be appreciated.

This is the what happens when i run the command hashcat64.exe -m 0 -a3 -o cracked.txt hash.txt wordlists/

then i get the following message

Hash hash.txt : line length exception
No hashes loaded

Anybody who could help me?
Well, first you should probably be specifying -a 0, not -a 3 since you seem to trying to load wordlists, not a mask. Second, it seems like your hash.txt file is empty, since hashcat is unable to find any hashes in it. Please make sure that the hashes are present in the file, and are formatted correctly, 1 per line.
actually it looks like hashcat cannot find your hash.txt file at all.
(09-15-2017, 06:27 PM)undeath Wrote: actually it looks like hashcat cannot find your hash.txt file at all.

Actually, you are right. Looking at it again, it's not loading a blank line as a hash, it's loading "hash.txt" as the literal hash instead of as a file path. Good catch!
(09-15-2017, 09:39 PM)Chick3nman Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 06:27 PM)undeath Wrote: actually it looks like hashcat cannot find your hash.txt file at all.

Actually, you are right. Looking at it again, it's not loading a blank line as a hash, it's loading "hash.txt" as the literal hash instead of as a file path. Good catch!

.png   Untitled.png (Size: 135.28 KB / Downloads: 87)
.jpg   Untitled2.jpg (Size: 136.75 KB / Downloads: 80)

This is what it looks like as you can see the files is in the directory and the hashes notepad has got hashes pasted into it and it so it is not empty. I have tried everything. Using all sorts of different hash types. Dont know what else to do.
Your windows is configured to not show known file extensions. That might have something to do with your problem.
(09-16-2017, 10:05 PM)undeath Wrote: Your windows is configured to not show known file extensions. That might have something to do with your problem.

Ok sorry for the noob question then but how can I fix windows so I can finally try out hashcat?
(09-16-2017, 10:05 PM)undeath Wrote: Your windows is configured to not show known file extensions. That might have something to do with your problem.

Ok sorry for the noob question then but how can I fix windows so I can finally try out hashcat?
Ok CooI I got the problem sorted. The hash.txt was not saved as unicode format. Thanks for help.