New Cracking Build Feedback
(10-26-2017, 02:20 PM)Flomac Wrote: The GPU is crap. The rest is oversized for what you want to do.

If you only use it for cracking and pentesting:
- get a cheaper mainboard
- get a cheaper CPU (i8100 is completly fine & better & newer)
- get a cheaper PSU
- get an SSD instead
- put the saved money into a better GPU

EDIT: And bying at Amazon might be not the cheapest option.

(11-10-2017, 09:39 PM)undeath Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 09:00 PM)germ-x Wrote: What would happen if you mixed video cards say a 1050ti and 1060 or 1070.
nothing special

(11-10-2017, 09:00 PM)germ-x Wrote: Plus does it matter the brand they are from?
besides cooling solution, production quality and support? no

Oh sweet! I really want to buy the 1050 Ti to start with but Thanksgiving sales are coming up wonder if there will be some good deals on the 1060 or 1070. I might have to buy a new power supply since i'm using a old one.
(11-10-2017, 10:47 PM)germ-x Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 09:39 PM)undeath Wrote: [quote="germ-x" pid='37370' dateline='1510340404']What would happen if you mixed video cards say a 1050ti and 1060 or 1070.
nothing special

Oh sweet! I really want to buy the 1050 Ti to start with but Thanksgiving sales are coming up wonder if there will be some good deals on the 1060 or 1070. I might have to buy a new power supply since i'm using a old one.

A mix of different GPUs is not a problem. Beside the fact, that you need GPUs with radial cooler. And the GTX1050Ti is not available with radial cooler. If you plan to buy it beware that you need a big case for other GPUs.

And the GTX1050Ti has by far the worst price/performance ratio of all GPUs. So, if you want to do yourself a favour, get a GTX1060 or something better.
Very good talk. I was just looking at the 1050ti myself but now that I read this post I might just buy the 1060. That's other thing finding a good cheat case that wont' break the bank. I wanted to install 2 gtx cards or maybe down the road 3. Don't know if that's possible in a computer case. Plus finding a good mother board and cpu would be awesome.
(11-13-2017, 08:03 AM)Willyboy Wrote: I wanted to install 2 gtx cards or maybe down the road 3. Don't know if that's possible in a computer case.

Possible if you take GPUs with radial cooler.

If you do not: maximum space between the two cards. At least 4 slots instead of the usual 2, the more the better. And lots of coolers. And you might still not get the maximum power since the cards heat up each other and will start throttling. They even may die.

With radial coolers you're mostly on the safe side.
Well it's been a couple weeks now. I finally have all the pieces for building my computer. After black Friday, and cyber monday I was able to find combo for mobo/cpu memory , and psu. Next week I will be building it and installing The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux for the main OS and running vm for my windows machine when I need to use it.

thanks everyone for the help and pointers . Look forward on getting 2 more gpu cards down the road. At the moment the are very expensive, unless some one on here would donate one to me.. hahaha .

Everyone have a good day.
I'd recommend something other than K a l i for the main OS. It doesn't play well with OpenCL and hashcat sometimes.
~
I would avoid The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) as well. A simple Ubuntu (desktop or server) install would suffice just fine. Not to mention, half of the included tools you wouldn't even use on a cracking box either.

--ha I like the s/K a l i/The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali))