Custom Wordlist Concatentation
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I've been playing with Hashcat for a couple weeks now, specifically the combinator mode.

I have an array that contains a wordlist which has roughly 100 words in it. They are then organized into sub-arrays by length but I can collapse them into one array or a flat wordlist file if that better serves the solution. 

IE:
[array]
   [4]
       [0]desk
       [1]olds
       [2]dawn
   [3]
       [0]get
       [1]tie
       [2]eye
   [2]
       [0]to
   [1]
       [0]a

The goal is to combine all words in an array similar to the above one, in every possible combination. 
IE:
toa
ato
aeye
eyea
atoeye
aeyeto
eyetoa
eyeato

would all be correct outputs.

Is there something in the hashcat toolset that can help me with this or am I basically on my own?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

somernr
Welcome!

Unless it is an extremely slow hash, or the wordlists are much larger than the example that you're giving, I would just use princeprocessor to generate all possible combinations.
~
(10-30-2017, 03:23 AM)royce Wrote: Welcome!

Unless it is an extremely slow hash, or the wordlists are much larger than the example that you're giving, I would just use princeprocessor to generate all possible combinations.

Hi Royce,

Thank you for the reply! I feel bad, I didn't even look at princeprocessor because the wiki was blank. I've read the readme now but I don't see much else for documentation - are there any other sources of info on it or should I just dig into the source?

The biggest concern I have is that I have some words that are 14 characters long. 
Are 4 character words the max size or is there no limit to the length the words can be?

My second question is when the readme gives the example of:
  • 2 letter word + 2 letter word
does that mean it will produce both concatenated combinations if say, "it" and "me" were in the wordlist?
IE would it produce both "itme" AND "meit"?

Thanks again - your reply was so fast!
princeprocessor can generate all possible combinations so quickly, and hashcat can (usually) use them so quickly, there's no real value in trying to narrow down the range of possibilities.

Code:
$ cat words.list
a
to
eye
tie
get
dawn
olds
desk

$ pp64 words.list | head
ato
toa
aaa
eye
tie
get
toto
aato
atoa
toaa

$ pp64 words.list | tail
getgettiegetgeta
eyeeyegetgetgeta
tieeyegetgetgeta
geteyegetgetgeta
eyetiegetgetgeta
tietiegetgetgeta
gettiegetgetgeta
eyegetgetgetgeta
tiegetgetgetgeta
getgetgetgetgeta

$ pp64 words.list | hashcat -w 4 -O -a 3 target.hashes

(Also, which wiki was blank? If it was on the hashcat website, let me know the URL and I'll take a look)
~
(10-30-2017, 03:50 AM)royce Wrote: princeprocessor can generate all possible combinations so quickly, and hashcat can (usually) use them so quickly, there's no real value in trying to narrow down the range of possibilities.

Code:
$ cat words.list
a
to
eye
tie
get
dawn
olds
desk

$ pp64 words.list | head
ato
toa
aaa
eye
tie
get
toto
aato
atoa
toaa

$ pp64 words.list | hashcat -w 4 -O -a 3 target.hashes

(Also, which wiki was blank? If it was on the hashcat website, let me know the URL and I'll take a look)

Ugggggggh - amazing! This is EXACTLY what I am looking for. Thank you.

This is the blank wiki link(maybe I should have clarified it just says TBD) : https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=princeprocessor
You're welcome!

OK, I added a little more content to that wiki page, which should hopefully help the next person, anyway. Smile Thanks for the nudge!
~
Thank you, very useful for me as well!