Linux drivers
Hello,

I recently built a computer solely for hashing. I used an old core 2 duo lying around. Latest version of hashcat requires amd ROCm. AMD ROCm requires a newer CPU ("PCIe Atomics CPU") which I don't have. I installed windows on the machine, even though it takes many minutes to boot, it can do hashcat. 

I remember from good old days I was able to run the hashcat(oclhashcat back than) with catalyst. My gpu is also amdgpu supported. If possible I would prefer that to the horrors catalyst installation.

Do I need to use an older version for hashcat to work with AMDGPU or catalyst? Is there any recommended version for such tasks? Any other ideas?

Thanks
This is what I ended up doing with my older hardware just recently:
https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-6991.html

(11-13-2017, 02:57 PM)expet Wrote: Hello,

I recently built a computer solely for hashing. I used an old core 2 duo lying around. Latest version of hashcat requires amd ROCm. AMD ROCm requires a newer CPU ("PCIe Atomics CPU") which I don't have. I installed windows on the machine, even though it takes many minutes to boot, it can do hashcat. 

I remember from good old days I was able to run the hashcat(oclhashcat back than) with catalyst. My gpu is also amdgpu supported. If possible I would prefer that to the horrors catalyst installation.

Do I need to use an older version for hashcat to work with AMDGPU or catalyst? Is there any recommended version for such tasks? Any other ideas?

Thanks