Combinator Attack issue with rules
I came across hashcat and asked someone from the IRC about this and seems like I'm at an impasse.

I'm trying to test out a particular set of patterns in the following format
[word][4 digits][word][4 digits]

The word of course coming from a word list and the four digits going from 0 to 9

I tried the following 
hashcat64.exe -m 2500 -a 1 -j"?d ?d ?d ?d" -k"?d ?d ?d ?d" cap.hccapx six.dict six.dict
Only to come up with six.dict is empty when it isn't (i've checked everytime I ran it)

I realized that the -j and -k rules are for single characters only and can't do mask based input.

Any solution you guys can think off about this?

Thanks so much, hashcat's given my old crypto mining rig a new lease on life
Someone on IRC had suggested I make a numbers only dictionary and combine that with my my word list resulting in a dictionary with [word][4digits]

Any way I can speed up my combinator attack since it seems slower(~140kH/s) than usual hashing on my gtx 970
Just a guess, but you could try combinator3 and then tack on four digits with rules ( [wordlist] [4digitwordlist] [wordlist] ?d?d?d?d)
~
(07-08-2018, 06:51 AM)royce Wrote: Just a guess, but you could try combinator3 and then tack on four digits with rules ( [wordlist] [4digitwordlist] [wordlist] ?d?d?d?d)

Does combinator 3 take on ?d?d?d?d as a mask, its what I had issues before with a regular combinator and just [wordlist]
No - rather, you'd pipe the output from combinator to hashcat, and use hashcat to apply the ?d?d?d?d rule
~
(07-08-2018, 07:23 PM)royce Wrote: ?d?d?d?d rule mask
I was being loose with the vocab again, but from the thread I thought that he was going to be using a rule to simulate a hybrid attack.
~
There is not "a rule" to simulate a hybrid attack Wink Since OP is already confused about rules vs masks that info was not very helpful. But you are right, hybrid attacks don't actually support stdin, so only a0 with rules is possible.

cat append-digit.rule
Code:
$0
$1
$2
$3
$4
$5
$6
$7
$8
$9

Code:
combinator3 wordlist 4digitwordlist wordlist | hashcat -r append-digit.rule -r append-digit.rule -r append-digit.rule -r append-digit.rule [other options]
(07-09-2018, 05:01 PM)undeath Wrote: There is not "a rule" to simulate a hybrid attack Wink Since OP is already confused about rules vs masks that info was not very helpful. But you are right, hybrid attacks don't actually support stdin, so only a0 with rules is possible.

cat append-digit.rule
Code:
$0
$1
$2
$3
$4
$5
$6
$7
$8
$9

Code:
combinator3 wordlist 4digitwordlist wordlist | hashcat -r append-digit.rule -r append-digit.rule -r append-digit.rule -r append-digit.rule [other options]

Thank you so much I'll try this....see I knew there was a way, I just never though of making a single digit rule instead I thought of a 4 digit rule.
(07-09-2018, 05:01 PM)undeath Wrote: There is not "a rule" to simulate a hybrid attack Wink

I didn't mean to imply that all you needed was a ruleset in order to do so.
~