Quad 1080ti Workstation
Hello after reading some post, i found some things, im gonna post here cause  i want to go for quad 1080ti, i will start buying all unless all GPU and i would add periodicaly(like 2-3months) each 1080ti , in like 8-10) months i could have done.

Motherboard: Asus X99E WS
CPU: i7 5930k
Tower:Big Tower EATX case
PSU: 1500W PSU
Samsumg Evo 860 500GB

And about the cooler, what is better fan or liquid refrigeration?
First, a 1080 Ti can and will chew 300W each. That’s 1200W already, not including your CPU, fans, and other peripherals. 1500W probably isn’t enough.

As far as liquid cooling, it will always keep your cards cooler, but you need a spot to mount all the coolers (unless you’re making a custom loop) and you need to make sure the memory stays cool. Some water coolers on hybrid kits don’t cover it and the fan often blows in regards to GPU temps, not RAM temps so they can overheat easily.
The CPU is quite outdated and cannot be recommended for a new system. If its already existing -> fine. Same with the mobo. The SSD does not matter and is fine.

The PSU is a bit too weak as mentioned above. The Enermax Platimax with 1700W would be a good choice.

Note that there is a new series of NVidia GPUs on the roll. The proclaimed GTX1180 should be at par withe current 1080Ti.
(07-10-2018, 03:54 PM)Flomac Wrote: The CPU is quite outdated and cannot be recommended for a new system. If its already existing -> fine. Same with the mobo. The SSD does not matter and is fine.

The PSU is a bit too weak as mentioned above. The Enermax Platimax with 1700W would be a good choice.

Note that there is a new series of NVidia GPUs on the roll. The proclaimed GTX1180 should be at par withe current 1080Ti.

So i should waith till we see some gtx1180 working on? release date should be july 2018 as im reading now.

What cpu you suggest me?

Okay 1700w PSU atleast noted. thanks for all Smile
A simple 6-core should do fine.

Since you're planning to spend some money: With a Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 9, ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier or EVGA Z170 Classified 4-Way supporting min. 8x-PCIE on every slot you're also on the safe side. And they should cost less than that Asus X99E WS anyway.
From what I have seen on eBay, there are quite a few used GTX1080Ti popping up (probably because of the impending R2080Ti release)

I reckon wait a little bit and once the flood of used GPUs is well under way the prices should drop accordingly.