Worked once and didnt work immediately after
Hey everyone, im new to hashcat and am using it for a computer science project. I got it to work one time, but then immediately after it did not work. Can anyone tell me if im doing something wrong, or if its just software or hardware issues? Attatched are some screemshots of my command prompt.

Attached Files
.png   cracked.PNG (Size: 84.09 KB / Downloads: 10)
.png   notcracked.PNG (Size: 144.2 KB / Downloads: 10)
You will notice a message saying all hashes found in potfile.

A pot file is a way to keep track of hashes you have cracked in previous sessions or runs with hashcat.

while hashcat starts up it does a scan of all hashes you are trying to crack and compares that list against the hashcat.potfile
Seen as you have already cracked these hashes before hashcat will not recrack them a second time as this would be a waste of work.

Long story short have a look in hashcat.potfile
you can use the command line switch --potfile-disable if you really intend to crack hashes multipe times and avoid the potfile checks.
(01-29-2019, 05:09 AM)winxp5421 Wrote: You will notice a message saying all hashes found in potfile.

A pot file is a way to keep track of hashes you have cracked in previous sessions or runs with hashcat.

while hashcat starts up it does a scan of all hashes you are trying to crack and compares that list against the hashcat.potfile
Seen as you have already cracked these hashes before hashcat will not recrack them a second time as this would be a waste of work.

Long story short have a look in hashcat.potfile

Thanks! What about the thing that says use —show?