Recover password from FreeArc file
Hello everyone, I recently created a compressed file using "Freearc". I liked a password and I would like to know how I can extract the hash of that password.
Use a bat file to create it "arc to -lc512 -ld512 -ep1 -ed -r -hp -pYourPassword -w. \ Data \ Setup-1.bin -msrep + lzma: a1: mfbt4: d256m: fb128: mc1000: lc8 "
Freearc uses standard aes-256 method to encrypt the files.
I checked the interior trying to find the hash, but I do not know if I'm doing well.

https://ibb.co/6gskjsF
arc is not supported
(03-03-2019, 11:43 AM)atom Wrote: arc is not supported

Why ?
no new version since 2010, website is down, no informations from the devolopers since 2016

this is considered abandonware, why should hashcat support such software?

each new algorithm needs support and a way to extract the hash, so why supporting an unsupported piece of software?

if you use such old software its fine, but most users will stick to 7z or similar
If an algorithm exists and is easy to implement in hashcat, then if it was rare, I can see the main developers not wanting to implement it themselves. But I would want to be open to accepting good PRs that implement it.

And for legacy hash types for zip/archive/etc specifically, it's not like if 7z got replaced with EvenBetterZ someday that we wouldn't continue to need to recover passwords from older archives. The archives - and therefore the potential need to recover them - will persist long after the software stops being actively used.
~