HashCat Speed
I have a question about the speed if I can increase it, as I'm using 2nd generation CPU (i7) with an express VGA card (Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB RAM) but the speed I'm getting is 32H/s
is that normal??
if not, how can I increase it?
no hash type, no valid answer

btw: try to use -w 4 and -O (the latter only makes sense if applicable to that specific hash type -m x)
I'm running this code to unblock the itunes backup.
hashcat64.exe -d 2 -m 14800 manefist.txt -a 3 -1 "?d!@$&" -2 ?u?1 ?2?1?1?1?1?1

(03-24-2019, 11:42 AM)philsmd Wrote: no hash type, no valid answer

btw: try to use -w 4 and -O (the latter only makes sense if applicable to that specific hash type -m x)
I think brute-forcing is not the correct approach (or at least it shouldn't be the first one) for slow hash types like iTunes backup >= 10.0 .

I would recommend starting with a dictionary attack (-a 0) with optionally rules applied to them.

From your other post (https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-8236-po...l#pid44155) I see that you are not even sure about the length, which makes your brute-force plan even less meaningful/clever.

you would need to use --increment --increment-min 6 -1 "?d!@$&" -2 ?u?1 manifest.txt ?2?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

it's needless to say that with increasing length the expected time will of course increase and therefore brute-forcing a 9 character password (even with your reduced keyspace) is infeasible. Better plan/strategies/approaches are wanted here (like a dictionary attack with rules)