how can i fix Gpu reaching the abort temp after a while ?
here is a fix that i tried 

a bat file with 

Code:
@echo off 
:loop1
if exist all.restore (
goto loop2
) ELSE (
exit
)
:loop2
hashcat64.exe --session all --restore
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 180 > nul
goto loop1

but will it be better if there was an option to lower the hash rate so that it doesn't heat up ?
most of the time the best thing to do is to fix the main problem instead of trying really hard (and failing horrendously in doing so) to bypass/avoid it.

Fan/cooling/throttling issues are serious problems and shouldn't be taken lightly. Don't ignore heat problems.

of course there might be some other options, like putting the fan to 100% (with an external tool like aferburner etc) all the time and it might help sometimes. It's even more clever to try to understand the cooling problem and improve the cooling.

You didn't mention any details about your setup. How many fans you have, do you have founder edition GPUs etc?

cracking with a notebook/imac etc is always discouraged because they are not meant to deal with this load (if this is the case, I don't know because no details were provided)
(06-06-2019, 12:05 PM)philsmd Wrote: most of the time the best thing to do is to fix the main problem instead of trying really hard (and failing horrendously in doing so) to bypass/avoid it.

Fan/cooling/throttling issues are serious problems and shouldn't be taken lightly. Don't ignore heat problems.

of course there might be some other options, like putting the fan to 100% (with an external tool like aferburner etc) all the time and it might help sometimes. It's even more clever to try to understand the cooling problem and improve the cooling.

You didn't mention any details about your setup. How many fans you have, do you have founder edition GPUs etc?

cracking with a notebook/imac etc is always discouraged because they are not meant to deal with this load (if this is the case, I don't know because no details were provided)

thanks for your reply .
yes it's a notebook
Lenovo Z51-70
Gpu : amd r9 m375

i am not searching for the main problem solve now .. maybe later.

i am asking if there is a way to limit the hash rate
-w 1

or

-u 1 -n 1 --force

but you should use --force only if you know what you are doing and do not report any problems when using --force (you can change the -u and -n values slightly if you find out that it's not "heating up" your notebook enough with low values Wink , cracking with laptops can destroy your hardware soon Sad )
(06-06-2019, 01:08 PM)philsmd Wrote: -w 1

or

-u 1 -n 1 --force

but you should use --force only if you know what you are doing and do not report any problems when using --force (you can change the -u and -n values slightly if you find out that it's not "heating up" your notebook enough with low values Wink , cracking with laptops can destroy your hardware soon Sad )

thanks but what does these options mean ?
i think i will stick to the reduced profile as the gui says
still heats up
i want it to split the hash rate into half
why there isn't a profile 0 ?
or a custom one ?