Need assistance
I am very new to using hashcat and am looking for possibly some help from a more experienced user with a few spare minutes.

First issue i have run into is:

OpenCL Platform #1: NVIDIA Corporation
======================================
* Device #1: GeForce RTX 2070, 2048/8192 MB allocatable, 36MCU

Hash 'hash.txt': Token length exception
No hashes loaded.

Started: Sun Oct 13 01:46:49 2019
Stopped: Sun Oct 13 01:46:49 2019

I have a hash.txt file with correct md5 hashes but it seems to not work for me
Is hash.txt in the same folder as the hashcat binary?
(10-13-2019, 08:16 AM)Chick3nman Wrote: Is hash.txt in the same folder as the hashcat binary?

https://imgur.com/a/W7viUma

is this correct? as i stated in the post i am very new to all of this so i am learning as i go
no, this is not correct. it should only have one ".txt" in it

hash.txt.txt is not the same as hash.txt

in your screenshot it's very obvious that for instance example0.cmd is just listed as "example0" . if you hide the file extension, this can get very confusing. This is your operating system that is configured like that. it's the OS fault or your fault not understanding what your operating system does
(10-14-2019, 08:31 AM)philsmd Wrote: no, this is not correct. it should only have one ".txt" in it

hash.txt.txt is not the same as hash.txt

in your screenshot it's very obvious that for instance example0.cmd is just listed as "example0" . if you hide the file extension, this can get very confusing. This is your operating system that is configured like that. it's the OS fault or your fault not understanding what your operating system does

this makes sense, thank you. everything seems to be working correctly now after removing the .txt