Wordlist Processing Order
Hey all!

I'm new here, so go easy.  I'm working on a personal proof of concept for Comcast Xfinity modems with WPA2 cracking.  Their convention goes 5 letterword, random four numbers, 6 letter word.  I've created wordlists for 5 letter with random four numbers appended for the left side and six letter words for the right.  I collected a handshake and began the attack.  Through testing with grep, I know that the string exists in the combinations hashcat will run through.  However, the line in the text file which has the correct left side falls roughly on line 2,035,400, and the candidates being tested for the left side are in the 17,252,400 range.

That's where my question lies.  In a combinator attack, does hashcat work through the left side in order?  If so, it seems there's something wrong with my approach, as I missed the correct answer.

Thanks,
M
The order ist pretty much random because of very high parallelization when doing GPU cracking.
(03-04-2020, 10:33 PM)undeath Wrote: The order ist pretty much random because of very high parallelization when doing GPU cracking.

Thanks for the reply.  Candidates seem to largely be going in order currently.  I am going to let it keep churning through and monitor so I can continue to learn.  I appreciate the assistance.