Recovered hashes spreadsheets help
Hi, i'm fairly new to the picture, just got a handle on output files and management. I run an attack on a file that has usernames and hashes formatted like
Code:
username:hash
by running --username hashcat ignores the first field and analizes only the hashes.
after the attack if remove the dictionaries and run 
Code:
--username --show outputfile.txt
the program saves in the outputfile.txt the recovered hashes in the format
Code:
username:hash:recoveredPass

The question is the following, can anybody reccomend a way to pull the results from the file into an excel file divided by ordinated columns : username / hash and recovered passes?
I'm pretty sure you can just open the outfile/potfile with any spreadsheet viewer/editor as a CSV file where the separator is just ":" (or the -p command line value).

I'm not sure why some people need to have large list within a spreadsheet, though. I would say it's discouraged to do so... it most of the time doesn't make any sense (but of course there could be exceptions). The format is already good and you could just open it in any fast/advanced text editor... or even parse/filter/grep it with command line tools (for instance "cut"/"grep" on linux)
Thanks for the help, i guess i just like to browse easily through the results to sort and analize with more ease. Regarding that excel file it's just because i'm comfortable with browsing and modifying in that environment.
I'll update the thread later in case i'll ever write a python script for pulling the fields from the outfile into an excel spreadsheet.
just to be very clear: you do NOT need any python script to do this.

just open the document as a CSV file (with : as a separator).. Comma-separated values (CSV) files can typically use any sepataor that you specify (excel, openoffice, libreoffice, etc)
Tongue 
(03-11-2020, 11:42 PM)philsmd Wrote: just to be very clear: you do NOT need any python script to do this.

just open the document as a CSV file (with : as a separator).. Comma-separated values (CSV) files can typically use any sepataor that you specify (excel, openoffice, libreoffice, etc)
Oh! Thanks for being very clear because it actually went over my head the first time. 
Thanks for the help!