hashcat and $electrum$5* hash
Hi all!
I have a problem with $electrum$5* hash. I download beta version from https://hashcat.net/beta/ and make hash with electrum2john.py. When I try to find password for hash I cant start - i have error:

Code:
X:\hashcat_beta>hashcat.exe -m 21800 wallet.txt -a 0 pass.txt -o cracked.txt -w 3 --status
hashcat (v5.1.0-1774-gf96594ef) starting...

OpenCL API (OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (3004.5)) - Platform #1 [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.]
=====================================================================================
* Device #1: Baffin, 4032/4096 MB (3264 MB allocatable), 16MCU

Minimum password length supported by kernel: 0
Maximum password length supported by kernel: 256

Hashes: 1 digests; 1 unique digests, 1 unique salts
Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates
Rules: 1

Applicable optimizers:
* Zero-Byte
* Single-Hash
* Single-Salt
* Slow-Hash-SIMD-LOOP
* Uses-64-Bit

Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c

* Device #1: Skipping hash-mode 21800 - known CUDA/OpenCL Runtime/Driver issue (not a hashcat issue)
            You can use --force to override, but do not report related errors.

If i try to use --force hashcat is crash.
I use AMD Radeon 560 with latest drivers and Windows 7 system. Anybody knows how to resolve this problem?
Thanks.
As far as we know, this is a driver problem and happens because of the deflate/zlib decompression code.

This means that for your driver/hardware also the compressed PKZIP modes will fail (not a problem only with the new electrum mode).

I think the only way to get rid of the problem for now is to use a NVIDIA GPU or a (not so fast) Intel CPU (both of these drivers/hardware seem to work perfectly fine with exactly the same hashcat code).

The problem is also that deflate decompression is quite complicated code and unfortunately some driver (AMD) can't deal with it for now Sad
Thanks for reply!