which is the correct salt file format?
the algorithm does not feature salts. You cannot do this with any hashcat version.
Ok, thanks.

Can you create a special charset that would specify bytes with low ASCII codes? Such as the ASCII range from 0 to 31? Or the possibility to somehow specify EACH of the first 31 ASCII codes in the password mask?
Or the possibility to have a Hex placeholder in the mask, so all byte values (from 0 to 255) can be represented in the mask?

Then one could emulate the salt by including it in the mask or in a custom charset.

Thank you!!
as atom already said, it is not possible to do this with NUL-bytes.

edit: sorry, i mixed the different hashcat versions.

with oclhashcat-* you can use the --hex-charset option with an appropriate mask.

this should work for the salt mask:

and for the password you simply prepend the password mask.
e.g. ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d0000000000000000

but this runs you into another problem: oclhashcat-* only supports plains up to 15 characters. So this will not work for your scenario.
Ok, thanks, now I have a very clear image of how the salt can be referred in the whole equation.
Atom, is there any chance that you would increase the number of characters to 16 for oclhashcat-*?

Thank you all for supporting my issue

Regards

@undeath: did you mean --hex-charset option or --hex-salt ?
as sha256 does not feature salts you simply pretend it was part of the actual plain and therefore use the --hex-charset option.
(02-23-2012, 02:39 PM)tlc Wrote: Atom, is there any chance that you would increase the number of characters to 16 for oclhashcat-*?

not planned, sorry