2nd xeon CPU not detected
Hello,

I'm having issues with my setup, it's got dual Intel Xeon x5675 CPUs with 24 cores each.

I installed the intel opencl driver from here:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/u...pu-section

however only 1 of the 2 processors was detected using the correct runtime, and the other one was using pocl as follows:

###############################################################################################
root@hashcat-cracking-rig:/home/hashcat/Desktop/hashcat_rig# hashcat -I
hashcat (v5.1.0) starting...

OpenCL Info:

Platform ID #1
  Vendor  : Intel(R) Corporation
  Name    : Intel(R) CPU Runtime for OpenCL(TM) Applications
  Version : OpenCL 2.1 LINUX

Device ID #1
    Type          : CPU
    Vendor ID      : 8
    Vendor        : Intel(R) Corporation
    Name          : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU          X5675  @ 3.07GHz
    Version        : OpenCL 2.1 (Build 0)
    Processor(s)  : 24
    Clock          : 3070
    Memory        : 12067/48270 MB allocatable
    OpenCL Version : OpenCL C 2.0
    Driver Version : 18.1.0.0920

Platform ID #2
  Vendor  : The pocl project
  Name    : Portable Computing Language
  Version : OpenCL 1.2 pocl 1.4, None+Asserts, LLVM 9.0.1, RELOC, SLEEF, DISTRO, POCL_DEBUG

Device ID #2
    Type          : CPU
    Vendor ID      : 128
    Vendor        : GenuineIntel
    Name          : pthread-Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU          X5675  @ 3.07GHz
    Version        : OpenCL 1.2 pocl HSTR: pthread-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-westmere
    Processor(s)  : 24
    Clock          : 3060
    Memory        : 16384/46222 MB allocatable
    OpenCL Version : OpenCL C 1.2 pocl
    Driver Version : 1.4

###############################################################################################

when running a scan/crack it would only use device 1 and skip the second one because it wasn't using a native runtime:

root@hashcat-cracking-rig:/home/hashcat/Desktop/hashcat_rig# hashcat -b -m 0
hashcat (v5.1.0) starting in benchmark mode...

Benchmarking uses hand-optimized kernel code by default.
You can use it in your cracking session by setting the -O option.
Note: Using optimized kernel code limits the maximum supported password length.
To disable the optimized kernel code in benchmark mode, use the -w option.

* Device #2: Not a native Intel OpenCL runtime. Expect massive speed loss.
            You can use --force to override, but do not report related errors.
OpenCL Platform #1: Intel(R) Corporation
========================================
* Device #1: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU          X5675  @ 3.07GHz, 12067/48270 MB allocatable, 24MCU

OpenCL Platform #2: The pocl project
====================================
* Device #2: pthread-Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU          X5675  @ 3.07GHz, skipped.

so I uninstalled the pocl runtime, uninstalled the opencl runtime, then reinstalled the opencl runtime in the hope that it would make device 2 also use the correct runtime, but now device 2 is not detected at all by hashcat after uninstalling pocl.

Can you please advice if there is a way of applying the correct runtime to all processors, and have them detected by hashcat so to be able to run a scan using all processors with native runtime?

Many Thanks in advance
#### UPDATE ####

I've now reinstalled hashcat with it's pocl dependencies, and appended the --force switch at the end for it to use the non native runtime on device 2 as well, but it fails with the following:

################################################################################################
* Device #2: Kernel /usr/share/hashcat/OpenCL/m01000_a0-optimized.cl build failed - proceeding without this device.
################################################################################################

So the question remains, on a multiprocessor workstation, how do you enforce the installation of the native opencl for all processors?

THanks
do not use hashcat with pocl. never use --force

I wonder how many times I've written this already on these forums.
(01-20-2021, 08:47 PM)undeath Wrote: do not use hashcat with pocl. never use --force

I wonder how many times I've written this already on these forums.

Hi, many thanks for your reply, sorry I couldn't find the answer anywhere else
So what do you recommend?
Is this normal behaviour for 1 cpu to be correctly running opencl librart and for the second cpu to pick up pocl library?

Is there no way to enforce library to apply to the second cpu as well?

in regards to never using --force, I agree, I wouldn't have done it, just applied it for the sake of testing.

What would you recommend?

Thanks
Chances are very high the intel opencl runtime detected the same cpu as pocl. But in any case, remove pocl. It only causes problems.

You can check with clinfo, but if the opencl runtime doesn't detect the second cpu there's not much you can do about it.
Installed open late on 3 servers and each one recognized the 2 cpus... so the runtime will pocl apparently won’t
(01-21-2021, 12:41 AM)vicious1 Wrote: Installed open late on 3 servers and each one recognized the 2 cpus... so the runtime will pocl apparently won’t

Hi, what os are you running. I have Ubuntu 20 LTS, during opencl installation I do get an error to say system unsupported, so starting to think this might be the issue?
(01-21-2021, 12:30 AM)undeath Wrote: Chances are very high the intel opencl runtime detected the same cpu as pocl. But in any case, remove pocl. It only causes problems.

You can check with clinfo, but if the opencl runtime doesn't detect the second cpu there's not much you can do about it.

thanks again.
Now 2nd CPU Not being recognised at all, even with POCL.
Might try installing standard Ubuntu rather than LTS, and see if it makes a difference.
"clinfo" does not seem to be recognised, is this to be run as a switch on hashcat?
(01-21-2021, 12:30 AM)undeath Wrote: Chances are very high the intel opencl runtime detected the same cpu as pocl. But in any case, remove pocl. It only causes problems.

Hello dear friend i need your help and support please 
I lost my snapchat account can help me or if you know someone who can  back it again 😢 please I'm waiting your answer
My kind regards 
Issa qb
You seem to be rather confused about how dual socket systems are detected and displayed by the OpenCL runtime.

Both CPUs are 100% detected and available as a single "device" in your initial post. You have 2 overlapping runtimes for some reason, not 2 devices.

OpenCL Info:

Platform ID #1
Vendor : Intel(R) Corporation
Name : Intel(R) CPU Runtime for OpenCL(TM) Applications
Version : OpenCL 2.1 LINUX

Device ID #1
Type : CPU
Vendor ID : 8
Vendor : Intel(R) Corporation
Name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5675 @ 3.07GHz
Version : OpenCL 2.1 (Build 0)
Processor(s) : 24
Clock : 3070
Memory : 12067/48270 MB allocatable
OpenCL Version : OpenCL C 2.0
Driver Version : 18.1.0.0920

This lists 24 processors, and since the X5675 is a 6 core chip with hyper threading, thats 12 threads per socket. All 24 threads across the two sockets are correctly initialized under this runtime as a single compute device. The second runtime is an overlapping runtime and should be uninstalled. You should only see the output above when you query your OpenCL devices/platforms.