Low output when piping
I have really low performance when piping rules but I do not understand why. 

Im trying:
hashcat.exe --stdout \dictionaries\rockyou.txt -r OneRuleToRuleThemAll.rule | hashcat.exe -w 3 -m 11300 --session=trial1 -o found.txt hashes.txt

Hashcats output is like:
Session..........: trial
Status...........: Running
Hash.Name........: Bitcoin/Litecoin wallet.dat
Hash.Target......: hashes.txt
Time.Started.....: Mon Jan 25 17:28:57 2021 (59 secs)
Time.Estimated...: Mon Jan 25 17:29:56 2021 (0 secs)
Guess.Base.......: Pipe
Speed.#1.........:        0 H/s (0.00ms) @ Accel:2 Loops:1024 Thr:1024 Vec:1
Recovered........: 0/1 (0.00%) Digests, 0/18 (0.00%) Salts
Progress.........: 0
Rejected.........: 0
Restore.Point....: 0
Restore.Sub.#1...: Salt:0 Amplifier:0-0 Iteration:0-1024
Candidates.#1....: [Copying]
Hardware.Mon.#1..: Temp: 46c Fan: 24% Util:  6% Core:1410MHz Mem:6801MHz Bus:2

So, only 6%
Without piping I had 100%, but I wanted to try this OneRuleToRuleThemAll stuff and learned about using piping to get more work done. It seems to turn out the other way around for reasons unclear to me. Hopefully someone can explain.
Looks like no candidates are being generated by the first instance for some reason. But anyway, you don't need that here. Just run the attack normally.
(01-25-2021, 06:36 PM)undeath Wrote: Looks like no candidates are being generated by the first instance for some reason. But anyway, you don't need that here. Just run the attack normally.

If I run only:
hashcat.exe --stdout \dictionaries\rockyou.txt -r OneRuleToRuleThemAll.rule

I get no output. Is that what you mean? What could be a reason for no output? Both files are okay and paths are correct (I removed the paths from this post). 

Why is it that you say that I dont need piping in this case? I really would like to understand all of this and get to the bottom.
You are using a slow hash mode, a huge wordlist and lots of rules. piping will only slow you down. Besides, nowadays you can simply use -S instead. For more details see https://hashcat.net/faq/morework

No idea why --stdout isn't working for you though. Maybe some weird opencl issue.