AWS setup
I am looking for the best setup on AWS to run 15700 ethereum script crack . 

AWS has many nvidia GPU.   Did any one setup hashcat on it, 
- what OS / AMI and drivers did you use ? 
- What kind of ec2 ? 
- what version of hashcat. ?

I tried with ubuntu on g3.16xlarge with auto installation of drivers with `sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall`

I got the following

* Device #1: CUDA SDK Toolkit installation NOT detected.                                                                                                                                                 

CUDA SDK Toolkit installation required for proper device support and utilization                                                                                                             

Falling back to OpenCL Runtime                                                     

* Device #1: This hardware has outdated CUDA compute capability (3.0).       

For modern OpenCL performance, upgrade to hardware that supports

CUDA compute capability version 5.0 (Maxwell) or higher.     

* Device #4: CUDA SDK Toolkit installation NOT detected.

CUDA SDK Toolkit installation required for proper device support and utilization

* Device #4: This hardware has outdated CUDA compute capability (3.0).

lshw -C display 

* Device #2: CUDA SDK Toolkit installation NOT detected.                     

* Device #4 .. same

hashcat6.1.0 with -w3 is practically not working. Speed is 0 H/s. It's been around 30 minutes and it only processed 192 words. 
(02-14-2021, 07:52 AM)ethdev Wrote: I am looking for the best setup on AWS to run 15700 ethereum script crack . 

AWS has many nvidia GPU.   Did any one setup hashcat on it, 
- what OS / AMI and drivers did you use ? 
- What kind of ec2 ? 
- what version of hashcat. ?

I tried with ubuntu on g3.16xlarge with auto installation of drivers with `sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall`

I got the following

* Device #4: CUDA SDK Toolkit installation NOT detected.

* Device #4: This hardware has outdated CUDA compute capability (3.0).

lshw -C display 

* Device #2: CUDA SDK Toolkit installation NOT detected.                     

* Device #4 .. same

hashcat6.1.0 with -w3 is practically not working. Speed is 0 H/s. It's been around 30 minutes and it only processed 192 words. 

Ethereum, -m 15700 is very anti gpu... you will get much faster results if you use cpu for this. Like MUCH !!
Alright, I switched to CPU. c5.metal 96 core but I am only at 120 H/s .. is that normal, or I should optimize the setup like driver, os, and hashcat configuration ?

What is the best speed you have seen for 15700 ?
(02-15-2021, 04:19 AM)ethdev Wrote: Alright, I switched to CPU. c5.metal 96 core but I am only at 120 H/s .. is that normal, or I should optimize the setup like driver, os, and hashcat configuration ?

That’s quite good... I get 26h/s on a ryzen 16thread... so yea.

Like I said , 15700 is a very very slow hash.. so unless you know a lot about the password, it’s gonna be very slow
(02-15-2021, 04:19 AM)ethdev Wrote: Alright, I switched to CPU. c5.metal 96 core but I am only at 120 H/s .. is that normal, or I should optimize the setup like driver, os, and hashcat configuration ?

Hi, could you share pls. which AMI you chosen?
(02-16-2021, 12:02 AM)hyazinth Wrote:

Hi, could you share pls. which AMI you chosen?

It's a ubuntu 16 classic