ocl-hashcat on laptop(After turning off the display)
Hi guys. I use to bruteforce laptop with ATI video card. After 10 minutes, the screen turns off - ocl-hashcat is work? When I check the status after the idle GPU writes 0%, then alternating a few seconds to check the status again - 95%. Maybe put the "off screen" never? Sorry for bad english - I use Google translator.
(02-12-2013, 10:48 PM)Unknown Wrote: Hi guys. I use to bruteforce laptop with ATI video card. After 10 minutes, the screen turns off - ocl-hashcat is work? When I check the status after the idle GPU writes 0%, then alternating a few seconds to check the status again - 95%. Maybe put the "off screen" never? Sorry for bad english - I use Google translator.
It is possible that it stops depending on what power saving features are activated. You will have to test it. Find an attack that takes 15-20 minutes when you don't allow your laptop to go to "off" and try the same attack by leaving your laptop go to "off" for 30 minutes. The attack should be finished when you turn it back on. You can use the same test after changing the power saving settings to figure out what you have to leave running.