mixed GPUs in ver 0.13
Hello guys. This is my first post here. I have been active in bitcoin mining before and I'm a long time extreme overclocker so I'm good with hardware but a bit noobish when it comes to cracking hashes.

So on to my problem. In oclhashcat plus, mixed GPUs should work from 0.13 right? I'm using HD5870 and HD7870, both running fine on their own but not together. I can't see both cards in windows, GPU-Z shows only the card in the first slot. So, this is most likely not a problem with oclhashcat but with my setup.

driver is ofc 13.1 and hardware is i7 3770k, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, 16 GB ram. is this something new from AMDs side, maybe they are blocking both cards with driver 13.1 since they are not crossfire compatible?
(02-16-2013, 09:04 PM)Gegga Wrote: Hello guys. This is my first post here. I have been active in bitcoin mining before and I'm a long time extreme overclocker so I'm good with hardware but a bit noobish when it comes to cracking hashes.

So on to my problem. In oclhashcat plus, mixed GPUs should work from 0.13 right? I'm using HD5870 and HD7870, both running fine on their own but not together. I can't see both cards in windows, GPU-Z shows only the card in the first slot. So, this is most likely not a problem with oclhashcat but with my setup.

driver is ofc 13.1 and hardware is i7 3770k, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, 16 GB ram. is this something new from AMDs side, maybe they are blocking both cards with driver 13.1 since they are not crossfire compatible?
Like you said, since Windows does not see both, that's where the problem lies. Here's a couple of pointers: reseating your cards in their slot, checking that they are properly powered and that their fans are spinning. Is this a new setup or you only just changed the drivers? Do you use any PCI-E extenders?
Got it! Might be a faulty 2nd pci-e slot, using 1st and 3rd now which gives me x16 and x1. But it works! Smile Kind of silly posting it here since it hasn't got anything to do with the program, but thank you for your answer.