Watchdog temperature abort trigger disabled
Hi,

I've just bought a new machine with 4 x R9 280X GPU and having trouble to get the gpu-temp-abort to work and always getting "Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger disabled". Been following the wiki "HOWTO: Ubuntu Server + AMD Catalyst + oclHashcat" by epixoip with a clean install but no luck. Here's what I've done so far :-( I've tried to search the forum but could not find solution to this. How should I go about this?

- uninstall and reinstall AMD Catalyst driver
- Run oclHashcat from remote as well as from the x
- Issue command "DISPLAY=:0" then "xhost +" from x
- run with and without gpu-tem-abort

oclHashcat version 1.01
AMD Catalyst Drive 13.12
Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS
4 x Sapphire DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 OC
Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 Motherboard
Corsair AX 1200i PSU

Thank you.

Best regards,
Azren
That version of hashcat does not support it yet. The beta version is the only one that does as of right now. When the 1.20 version is released it will be supported. Also you will want to use od6config if your not already.
(04-06-2014, 10:05 PM)coolbry95 Wrote: That version of hashcat does not support it yet. The beta version is the only one that does as of right now. When the 1.20 version is released it will be supported. Also you will want to use od6config if your not already.

Ohh in that case I will need to wait for 1.20 then.

By the way I've installed od6config but it says my card is not supported or something to that effect when I run "od6config --list" or any other command. Will need to check back the exact error message. Can you confirm that od6config can work on R9 280X cards?

Edit
The message that I'm getting whenever I run the od6config command is "No Overdrive6 devices found!". Im guessing that my card is not supported.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Azren
280X is just a rebranded 7970, which is an Overdrive5 GPU. So no, od6config will not work with it.
(04-07-2014, 03:32 PM)epixoip Wrote: 280X is just a rebranded 7970, which is an Overdrive5 GPU. So no, od6config will not work with it.

epixoip,

Ahh... thats what I thought. By the way your wiki on setting up setting up Ubuntu Server + AMD Catalyst + oclHashcat HOWTO was very helpful. Great work!!!

Best regards,
Azren
glad you found it helpful, thanks for the feedback Smile