hashcat 0h/s
#1
Hi there.

I'm currently with an error. I saw this error before and said "Check the wiki" and I've spent 2 hs on it and I just can't find the answer.


Code:
PS D:\hashcat\hashcat-5.1.0> .\hashcat64.exe -m 2500 -a 0 1.hccapx wordlist.txt hashcat (v5.1.0) starting... * Device #1: WARNING! Kernel exec timeout is not disabled.              This may cause "CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES" or related errors.              To disable the timeout, see: https://hashcat.net/q/timeoutpatch nvmlDeviceGetFanSpeed(): Not Supported OpenCL Platform #1: NVIDIA Corporation ====================================== * Device #1: GeForce GTX 1070, 2048/8192 MB allocatable, 16MCU Hashes: 1 digests; 1 unique digests, 1 unique salts Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates Rules: 1 Applicable optimizers: * Zero-Byte * Single-Hash * Single-Salt * Slow-Hash-SIMD-LOOP Minimum password length supported by kernel: 8 Maximum password length supported by kernel: 63 Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c Dictionary cache hit: * Filename..: wordlist.txt * Passwords.: 4103549346 * Bytes.....: 28645082578 * Keyspace..: 4103549346 [s]tatus [p]ause [b]ypass [c]heckpoint [q]uit => Session..........: hashcat Status...........: Running Hash.Type........: WPA-EAPOL-PBKDF2 Hash.Target......: EFFH326 (AP:b0:45:19:db:f9:04 STA:84:2e:27:5e:f8:60) Time.Started.....: Sat Dec 15 21:14:07 2018 (2 secs) Time.Estimated...: Sat Dec 15 21:14:09 2018 (0 secs) Guess.Base.......: File (wordlist.txt) Guess.Queue......: 1/1 (100.00%) Speed.#1.........:        0 H/s (0.00ms) @ Accel:128 Loops:64 Thr:64 Vec:1 Recovered........: 0/1 (0.00%) Digests, 0/1 (0.00%) Salts Progress.........: 0/4103549346 (0.00%) Rejected.........: 0/0 (0.00%) Restore.Point....: 0/4103549346 (0.00%) Restore.Sub.#1...: Salt:0 Amplifier:0-0 Iteration:0-64 Candidates.#1....: [Copying] Hardware.Mon.#1..: Temp: 43c Util:  0% Core:1442MHz Mem:3802MHz Bus:16


It just goes on and on, and no progress is made.

I know there should be a quick solution, please write it down. It's something about the mode of  the attack. I saw "stdin" and I tried -a 0 but still no way around it. Any ideas?
#2
The timeout patch was not applied correctly (maybe you didn't reboot etc, please follow the steps 1 by 1 and don't skip anything)

You should also try with cmd instead of powershell. that might also cause some trouble.

But my guess is that the main problem is that the driver isnt't installed correctly (if you always have 0 H/s).
Does --benchmark work for you?

also see https://hashcat.net/faq/wrongdriver to find out how to fix driver installation problems.
#3
Quote:Candidates.#1....: [Copying]

It's to do with your wordlist. Try a brute attack

hashcat64.exe -m 2500 -a 3 1.hccapx ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d
#4
Only 28GB wordlist. Startup time must be horrible Smile