Proper mask
#1
Hi there!

I'm a totally newbie so I'm asking for you help...

I have a md5-file with passwords "????-????-????-????", where ? is 0123456789ABCDEF.

So I'm trying to bruteforce via a mask:
Code:
>hashcat64 -m 0 -a 3 -i --increment-min=19 --increment-max=19 work.md5 ?H?H?H?H-?H?H?H?H-?H?H?H?H-?H?H?H?H hashcat (v5.1.0) starting... * Device #1: WARNING! Kernel exec timeout is not disabled.             This may cause "CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES" or related errors.             To disable the timeout, see: https://hashcat.net/q/timeoutpatch OpenCL Platform #1: NVIDIA Corporation ====================================== * Device #1: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 2816/11264 MB allocatable, 28MCU Hashes: 99 digests; 99 unique digests, 1 unique salts Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates Applicable optimizers: * Zero-Byte * Early-Skip * Not-Salted * Not-Iterated * Single-Salt * Brute-Force * Raw-Hash Minimum password length supported by kernel: 0 Maximum password length supported by kernel: 256 ATTENTION! Pure (unoptimized) OpenCL kernels selected. This enables cracking passwords and salts > length 32 but for the price of drastically reduced performance. If you want to switch to optimized OpenCL kernels, append -O to your commandline. Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c Integer overflow detected in keyspace of mask: ?H?H?H?H-?H?H?H?H-?H?H?H?H-?H?H?H?H Started: Wed Jul 10 02:38:06 2019 Stopped: Wed Jul 10 02:38:12 2019

How to fix the overflow error? Or is not a feasible task even for md5?

Thank you!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Proper mask - by The_Immortal - 07-10-2019, 01:44 AM
RE: Proper mask - by DanielG - 07-10-2019, 09:48 AM