Empty PMKID file generated by hcxpcaptool
#1
Hi.
I hope I'm not offtopic by asking a question about hcxpcaptool usage.

I'm collecting PMKID packets using bettercap, and according to the logs some data is written to the pcap file. Unfortunately when I try to convert them to a file usable with hashcat it won't write anything.

According to the summary there are PMKIDs, but then they're not written to output.

What can be wrong? Thanks

Code:
hcxpcaptool -z bettercap-wifi-handshakes.pmkid bettercap-wifi-handshakes.pcap reading from bettercap-wifi-handshakes.pcap summary capture file: --------------------- file name........................: bettercap-wifi-handshakes.pcap file type........................: pcap 2.4 file hardware information........: unknown capture device vendor information: 000000 file os information..............: unknown file application information.....: unknown network type.....................: DLT_IEEE802_11_RADIO (127) endianness.......................: little endian read errors......................: flawless minimum time stamp...............: 17.09.2019 17:56:11 (GMT) maximum time stamp...............: 17.09.2019 17:58:56 (GMT) packets inside...................: 7 skipped packets (damaged)........: 0 packets with GPS data............: 0 packets with FCS.................: 7 EAPOL packets (total)............: 7 EAPOL packets (WPA2).............: 7 PMKIDs (not zeroed - total)......: 2 PMKIDs (WPA2)....................: 7 PMKIDs from access points........: 2 best PMKIDs (total)..............: 2 summary output file(s): -----------------------
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Empty PMKID file generated by hcxpcaptool - by maxxer - 09-19-2019, 08:05 AM