Not sure what cracking option i should use -_-
I know pretty well what my password was in trucrypt and i think i know the settings. I used something like "q W e R 1 @ 3 $ " or some iteration of that. I was away for a while and didn't use the TC container for a few months and forgot the exact combo of chars i used.

So i wanted to do something with a rule that stated these chars have to be used only once

qQwWeErRtT1!2@3#4$5%

and space could be used 5-11 times

plus password length set to be 15-19 chars. I don't plan on finishing this any time soon but i really want to start and learn how to set it up. I do plan on getting 4 of the best GPUs next year or whenever they release the next gen of GPUs on the 20/16nm process. (some debate is out if 20nm for GPUs might even be skipped since 16nm is getting closer to release at some facilities.)

Also can this be started and stopped with progressed saved or so i have to break it up like do one at 15 chars let finish and come back when i have time and do a 16 char length.

I know the chars used in my password pretty well and this seems like it'll take forever even with special knowledge -_-

Also how do i tell if i used whirlpool or SHA 512 in my trucypt container. I have used both and not sure about this container. My guess would be whirlpool because i thought that was the best at the time from what i read. So does that matter? If i understand, i do need to know which it is to crack it.

I also used AES twofish serpent as encryption if that matters. I also assume XTU or whatever that is was used. I used the best settings in everything i could click IIRC.

Thanks!

EDIT: i think i want a rule based attack but i dont get how i create a rule that only uses those 20 characters once and uses a spaces X-X times. Along with keeping it in ____ char limit

Messages In This Thread
Not sure what cracking option i should use -_- - by SomeGuy - 07-23-2014, 01:56 AM