Not sure what cracking option i should use -_-
(07-24-2014, 02:08 PM)mkcon Wrote:
(07-24-2014, 01:32 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: what do you mena you wrote a script?

I meant - i wrote a script (i.e. a small program that does the job of wordlist generation).

If you send me the first sector (512 bytes) of your container per pm, i will test my dictionary for you.

As an alternative i could send you the gzipped dictionary - but that's more than 15 MB, so email is probably not an option.

so the dictionary you made used all the chars i stated and with/without spaces after each char? and 14-19 char long?

use drop box? email would work but rather not give it out

Reason why i ask because the password could be like this. It may be clusters like the first one and may or may not have a space at the end.

"q WE r !@ 3 $%"
"q W E r ! @ 3 $ %"
"q W e R 1 @ 3 $ 5 "

So this password i made up from using a pattern on the keyboard that was easy to remember...when i actually used the file regularly. It appears to not be susceptible to any normal dictionary attack. Without knowledge of the pattern i used the only way an attacker could break it would be pure brute force correct? Even with knowing also the entire pattern/password it still seems ridiculous -_-

Also if i used whirlpool wash...was that the best choice because it appears SHA 512 is easier to crack according to the benchmarks listed on site. I have switched to SHA512 in my recent stuff but should i switch back?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not sure what cracking option i should use -_- - by SomeGuy - 07-24-2014, 02:33 PM