Best video hard choice
(Sorry about the title, should have been "card" choice)

Well, I've read through the forums a bit and it looks like the most common recommendation is the GTX 970.  My only problem is that the only place to buy a reference design one is Best Buy and they want a ton for it.  I'm not sure what other designs are worth it.  I do like EVGA, Maybe one of the SC/ACX 2.0 like this one?  My understanding is that the reference design ones are preferred.

I hate to go with an older rebranded chip, but I was originally looking at the Radeon 390.  If I buy the XFX one from Best Buy, I get the lifetime warranty, which is nice for a card I will be running for 24/7.

I looked at the chart someone posted of the speeds of different hashes, but SHA256 isn't shown, so I don't know how the cards compare.

I will probably get two cards, stacked close, so I need a good thermal solution, so I'm really not sure which way to go.  I would much rather keep it under $350, but if I have to man up and just get the one reference card from best buy for the 970, I will.

Just looking for input.  Which will be best for dictionaries hitting a 7zip hash for a long time and for 2 stacked thermally?  Whcih actually model and where to buy would you recommend?

Messages In This Thread
Best video hard choice - by turbogiant76 - 09-12-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: Best video hard choice - by rico - 09-13-2015, 12:48 AM
RE: Best video hard choice - by atom - 09-14-2015, 11:32 AM
RE: Best video card choice - by turbogiant76 - 09-15-2015, 04:34 PM
RE: Best video hard choice - by epixoip - 09-16-2015, 03:03 AM