Why would the list run only on Linux?
Hello everyone,

For some reasons I have to use hashcat on both The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) and windows 10. The issue is that the wordlist runs fine on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali), but on windows all the candidates are hex values and unreadable charts. This applies for all the candidates and only for this newly made wordlist, previously everything went great on both The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) and windows (well, thanks Atom!). I tried to inject a known password to the wordlist but still it wasn't recognized by hashcat. I used iconv on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) to convert the wordlist to ASCII, UTF-8, and others but no luck (sometimes I see only the rules and no words at all). I tried to use MS word and online encoding services to figure it out but also nothing worked.

The newly made wordlist is made via web-crawling apps such as wordhound and cewl and also via manual search in web pages and copy/paste. Originally it contained many languages (Chinese, Russian, Arabic, and u name it!) but they were cleaned (manually, by sorting it and deleting words in the beginning and end of the list) and I only kept European languages (exception is Russia). It was originally made in the The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) machine. Size of the list is 1.5 MB

This is the first customized wordlist I make so I wonder what did I miss?

Messages In This Thread
Why would the list run only on Linux? - by DoNoHarm - 01-01-2017, 01:39 PM