hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats
Hi,
I have some more questions,

wlancap2hcx -o test.hccapx -e testlist -f testpmklist -u usernameslist -S hashinfo *.cap

after this completes through all my caps. I get the following files.
test.hccapx - the file with the handsshakes
testlist.txt - this file has a ton of lines some of them are ESSIDs but there are also unknown words not ESSIDs are those captured passwords ?
testpmklist.txt - this file has a lot of hashes but most of them are duplicates, if i remove the duplicates there are like 10-15 hashes, it is way less then the ESSIDs captured. What does this file and info mean?
hashinfo.txt - shows the hashes and ESSIDs

wlancap2hcx -O test.hccapx -> doesnt give me an output hccapx meaning there arent any handshakes without ESSIDs correct

My question is now since i have a testpmklist does that mean that I have capture 10-15 PMKs and I can use them with 12000 mode? Same with testlist?
General question is based on these outputs what do I do next what is the best I can utilize all these outputs. Will they help me crack the handshakes faster, or even better passwords catched, or all this is generally worthless and useful only for analysis.

Im sorry if my question is very stupid. I have red this entire thread a few times, but I couldnt find info on how to utilize the information regarding my situation

Messages In This Thread
RE: hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats - by sfw10625 - 01-31-2018, 04:43 PM
wlandump-ng vs hcxdumptool - by hulley - 02-10-2018, 10:26 PM