hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats
Hello ZerBea
Really appreciate your posts. They are full of gems and I am going through all your posts gathering those gems. Thanks for all the time you (and your great team) put into writing these posts (making them understandable to newbies like me and also in creating/updating the awesome hcx tools.

Q1 What is the difference between these two tools "wlancap2hcx" and "hcxpcaptool"? They seem to have some common functionality? Which one is suitable for which purpose?

Q2 I have switched to hcxdumptool (from wlandump-ng) as you had stated that the later was now outdated. I have been now using hcxdumptool for about two days and it seems that wlandump tool used to catch more handshakes. Is it possible that wlandump works better on some platforms (I am on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux (4.15.0-kali3-amd64)), maybe because it communicates with the system drivers? (Comands used
wlandump-ng -i wlan1mon -o 13052018-1031am.cap -R -U -s
hcxdumptool -i wlan1mon -o 14052018-1115am.cap -D -t 15 -s -c 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 )

Q3 Which linux distribution do you suggest is best for working with hashcat? My laptop has intel corei5 processor and intel graphics card. I can't use my processor with hasccat due to CLI issues; graphics card works (but then only with --force option) but then whole system seems to come to a crawl, cant do anything else especially with browsers?

Messages In This Thread
wlandump-ng vs hcxdumptool - by hulley - 02-10-2018, 10:26 PM
RE: hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats - by RashidMalik - 05-14-2018, 09:45 AM