hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats
Awesome response, ZerBea. Thank you for the clearcut answers--it is nice to see that everyone is already on top of most of the things I already desire.

Is there any way that wlanhcxinfo can get a feature update equivalent to the hccapx -a -e option? Something that could enumerate which networks had been pwned, and in what way, would be nice. Perhaps that would be better suited for hcxpcaptool, though? Obviously, with the current method, we would have to write a script to compare the .hccapx and the .16800 file to find exactly which networks were pwned specifically, but that information is probably already in the pcapng, right?

I hope what I am saying makes sense: Wlanhcxinfo provides us the ability to see SSIDs in plaintext ASCII, while viewing the .16800 file directly only allows us to see the bytes themselves.

Thanks again for the work--are you accepting pull requests?

Messages In This Thread
wlandump-ng vs hcxdumptool - by hulley - 02-10-2018, 10:26 PM
RE: hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats - by recombinant - 08-15-2018, 08:04 AM