hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats
Hi ZerBea

Thank you very much for all the work you have done on hcxdumptool and hcxtools they are fantastic tools!

I am only a keen hobbyist so please forgive my lack of computer skills but I am working my way through understanding just what is going on with your tools and the terms you use when writing on this forum.

Sadly my old hardware is no longer supported by hashcat so I am restricted to using hccap and not hccapx with all the wonderful new features it has.  I am learning as much as I can about hccapx ready for when I have saved up enough!

Until I have built my... "Mega WPA Cracking Machine" and seek WIFI domination ...MMUUHHAAHA I have to use hccap.  I have tried converting the output of hcxdumptool to hccap and it does produce a hccap file but it is not crackable.

I have converted my own network and was (NOT) able to break the known password.  I did manage to convert to hccap(x) and use hashcat with cpu only to crack it though.  The output size of the hccap is also much larger than expected.

I use hcxpcaptool --hccap-out=myfile.hccap (inputfile)

As explained I am only a keen hobbyist so I expect all this to be something I am doing wrong and so please accept my apologies in advance if it is my fault.

Also again this could be my fault but using hcxinfo I cannot seem to get an output to a text file when using "-o", I can however get an output to a text file by doing >>info.txt

Thanks for your time.

Messages In This Thread
wlandump-ng vs hcxdumptool - by hulley - 02-10-2018, 10:26 PM
RE: hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats - by WPA_Catcher - 01-06-2020, 08:48 PM