hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats
Hi ZerBea

You are incredibly productive, I am starting to think you are one of those AI bots who can write forum posts and code awesome programs!

I appreciate you supporting "ancient" formats as it must be time consuming but those of us with no option other than to use older versions of hashcat are very, very grateful.

I thought I would write back now to say thank you for your reply as I will be testing the new hcx(all) features after work.  It takes me longer to learn and test than it does for you to code!

As you will be depreciating wlanhcx2ssid will the following (very useful) options be available in the finished hcxhashtool?

-a : output file by mac_ap's
-s : output file by mac_sta's
-o : output file by vendor's (oui)
-e : output file by essid's

I would love to be able to output all good quality handshakes, converted to hccap's, contained within a given pcapng into separate files named by MAC.

If the option --authorized in the new hcxhashtool means what I think it does then that is GREAT!  I guess it means only output handshakes that are likely to be both crackable and the password is the correct one for the AP.

Just as a side note, I am proud to say hcxtools is the very first program I have ever compiled!

Thanks again for your work.

Messages In This Thread
wlandump-ng vs hcxdumptool - by hulley - 02-10-2018, 10:26 PM
RE: hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats - by WPA_Catcher - 01-08-2020, 06:06 PM