hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats
Hi ZerBea

I am making a suggestion/feature request whilst thinking about your philosophy and that of Linux.

I suggest you remove all code from the new builds of hcxtools and hcxdumptool relating to creating hccap and hccapx files.

Then please consider taking the conversion code already written and create a separate converter tool "hcx2oldcap"!!!

hcx2oldcap would be able to convert the new text output from hcxpcapngtool into hccap and hccapx files.

The benefits of doing this are to keep your new code compact and simple whilst allowing those of us who cannot afford new hardware to continue using their current systems.

hcx2oldcap will "do one thing well", allow the user to input a text list provided by hcxpcapngtool and convert each line to a separate hccap or hccapx named by ESSID, AP_MAC or Client_MAC (specified by the user)  It does not do anything else.

I hope you like this suggestion and consider it.

Messages In This Thread
wlandump-ng vs hcxdumptool - by hulley - 02-10-2018, 10:26 PM
RE: hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats - by WPA_Catcher - 01-13-2020, 08:38 PM