hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats
Thank you for your reply I am going through the things you have said (slowly) but I just wanted to respond to this.

(01-29-2020, 04:32 PM)ZerBea Wrote: BTW 2:
Grouping to old hccap format doesn't make sense, because your hashcat version doesn't handle reuse of PBKDF2. Running an old version of hashcat, it is much better to convert only one single hash and feed hashcat with it. Choose this hash carefully, otherwise you will waste your time and the time of your old GPU.

I don't want to "group" old hccap's but I don't know how else to output multiple networks to separate hccap files.

hcxhashtool is obviously the best way forward for me and as usual you are one step ahead. As far as I know all hashes in the new .22000 format are 100% crackable, is that right? If so then my request is for hcxhashtool to be able to output all hashes contained within a .22000 file to individual hccaps.

I guess if hcxhashtool only uses the hashes in .22000 to convert then the user would not need to worry about chosing a bad hash?

If you can do this for us you will save many peoples old GPU's from becoming obsolete! I am a huge fan of your work and it is great to be able to talk directly with you.

Messages In This Thread
wlandump-ng vs hcxdumptool - by hulley - 02-10-2018, 10:26 PM
RE: hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats - by WPA_Catcher - 01-29-2020, 05:36 PM