hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats
I understand hcxdumptool/hcxtools are WiFi parsers for hashcat but I was assuming hcxhashtool was now able to convert PMKID to hccap but I see that is not happening. Perhaps this is not possible.
-> For sure it isn't possible -m 2500 is EAPOL hash mode while 16800 is PMKID mode and successor 22000 is PMKID+EAPOL mode. Your hashcat version is only able to run 2500 (EAPOL) mode.

I noticed the update you provided and it works great for me now. I am successfully cracking all my known test networks without doing anything more than using hcxhashtool to convert my 22000 lists and then hashcat.
-> hcxpcapngtool/hcxhashtool conversion is really good, but expect unrecoverable hashes - at least we assume the presence of hashcat's default NC (8).
hcxdumptool will tell this hcxpcapngtool via pcpang option field and hcxpcapngtool will tell it hashcat via hashline 22000 messagepair field.
As of today, only multicapconverter is able to handle this chain, too:
https://github.com/s77rt/multicapconverter

Messages In This Thread
wlandump-ng vs hcxdumptool - by hulley - 02-10-2018, 10:26 PM
RE: hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats - by ZerBea - 01-29-2020, 08:36 PM