hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats
@ZerBea, I did some debugging and need to apologize - it's not about "r" ("rb" is fine, you can revert it back), it's about my misunderstanding:

1. Expected "--essid-list" filter to work on "--info". Actually it only works on the output, info is always unfiltered (however it is filtered by "--essid" or "--essid-part")

2. Based on the above, didn't provide output file ("-o"). W/o it "--essid-list" is bypassed w/o warning:
if((pmkideapolcount > 0) && (pmkideapoloutname != NULL) && (essidinname != NULL)) processessidfile(essidinname, pmkideapoloutname);

Don't you think that "-essid-list" should basically be multiple of "--essid"? Of cause regexp support would be extremely nice and with it we won't need "essid-part". Effectively "egrep -f" but with ability to convert hex ESSID to text

P.S. I've also started with assm - i8080 (CP/M), i8751, i8088 (PC), 6502 (Sinclair). Even touched your MC6802 (once Smile. Now it's Python and Matlab

Messages In This Thread
wlandump-ng vs hcxdumptool - by hulley - 02-10-2018, 10:26 PM
RE: hcxtools - solution for capturing wlan traffic and conversion to hashcat formats - by oayz - 11-03-2021, 11:35 PM