hashcat OpenCL error
(08-11-2018, 04:25 PM)undeath Wrote: 1. use the latest version of hashcat
2. don't use mesa. use rocm if it supports your card or try the official fglrx driver

I have tried to install rocm-dkms but I got an whole bunch of problems. I tried to install latest version of kernel 4.17 but also run into problems. I did an whole sort of things but nothing worked. I just gave up because I ran into a situation where I got a lot of unmet dependencies and got sick of trying to work it around! I also tried to install amdgpu pro 18.20 and more trouble came even following all instructions from AMD site.
Just couldn't make this work. At least without the help of a more expert guy than me. And to be honest I'm no expert, I had the help of what I consider an expert guy in Linux, just not expert in hashcat and all it's dependencies and mostly depressing, all AMD cards dependencies and f*ck ups with Linux support!
If anyone is willing to try to make it work on my laptop, I can give you access to it via ssh connection or screen or so, and give it a try! I would love to make this VGA card get some heavy load!

Edited;
And I used latest version of hashcat (v4.2.1-4-g188a9568). I tried first the repository version and later I tried the github version.

Edited 1;
And apparently rocm-dkms is having compatibility issues with Linux Kernel 4.17 and I have no knowledge to work things around!

Messages In This Thread
hashcat OpenCL error - by HelloShitty - 08-11-2018, 04:00 PM
RE: hashcat OpenCL error - by undeath - 08-11-2018, 04:25 PM
RE: hashcat OpenCL error - by HelloShitty - 08-11-2018, 09:14 PM
RE: hashcat OpenCL error - by HelloShitty - 08-16-2018, 08:55 PM
RE: hashcat OpenCL error - by HelloShitty - 08-30-2018, 05:47 PM