Bruteforcing VeraCrypt drive while knowing password pattern
So hey, a year or so ago I encrypted one of my Flash driver using SHA512+AES in Veracrypt. 

And ofcourse I completely forgot it. I know most of the characters, however my problem is somewhat unique, I created this password by using a pattern

- Theres a list of predefined characters and symbols
- Every character and symbol is unique and used once in password
- Every 3 letters are followed by a symbol
- Every first of 3 letters is a capital letter
- After every 3 letters Symbol increased by 1 (!@#$%)

So an example:
Code:
Asd!Fgh@Jkl#Zxc$

So I'm not so sure whether is it a 12 or 16 long password, theres many combinations and I tried around 50ish manually.
Also I'm not able to set hashcat to increment symbols or to use unique characters+symbols, not so sure if it's able to do that

I ended up using a mask with predefined characters as follows:
Code:
-1 charsets/capitals.hcchr -2 charsets/lowers.hcchr -3 charsets/symbols.hcchr ?1?2?2?3?1?2?2?3?1?2?2?3?1?2?2?3 

This is very inefficient, given my password pattern, any help?

Also I'm running RTX 2070 SUPER, overclocked, if there's no solution to this problem I guess I'll pay for AWS or something else with more hashing power to run this masked attack from above.

Thanks!
I guess it cant be done? Big Grin
since the mayority of veracrypt modes are somewhat slow, i suggest you using maskprocessor because it can generate candidates rejecting (almost*) the ones cotaining duplicated symbols and characters.
That being said, for 16 char long passwords i would try this

Code:
mp64 -r2 -q2 ?u?l?l!?u?l?l@?u?l?l#?u?l?l$ | hashcat -m <hash mode> hash.txt

This should go from Aab!Bcd@Cef#Dgh$ to Zzy!Yxw@Xvu#Wts$

And for, 12 char long passwords i would try this

Code:
mp64 -r2 -q2 -1 !@#$ ?u?l?l?1?u?l?l?1?u?l?l?1 | hashcat -m <hash mode> hash.txt

This should go from Aab!Bcd@Cef# to Zzy!Yxw@Xvu#

*sadly it mp only allow up to 2 sequential characters and up to 2 same characters in the candidate.
(04-26-2021, 04:42 PM)hblender Wrote: since the mayority of veracrypt modes are somewhat slow, i suggest you using maskprocessor because it can generate candidates rejecting (almost*) the ones cotaining duplicated symbols and characters.
That being said, for 16 char long passwords i would try this

Code:
mp64 -r2 -q2 ?u?l?l!?u?l?l@?u?l?l#?u?l?l$ | hashcat -m <hash mode> hash.txt

This should go from Aab!Bcd@Cef#Dgh$ to Zzy!Yxw@Xvu#Wts$

And for, 12 char long passwords i would try this

Code:
mp64 -r2 -q2 -1 !@#$ ?u?l?l?1?u?l?l?1?u?l?l?1 | hashcat -m <hash mode> hash.txt

This should go from Aab!Bcd@Cef# to Zzy!Yxw@Xvu#

*sadly it mp only allow up to 2 sequential characters and up to 2 same characters in the candidate.

Thanks for this! Is there any solution how to run mp and hashcat simultaneously on windows?
Of course! In Windows, aswell as in Linux it is possible to input two (or more) commands so that the fisrt one sends data to the second one and therefore the second one is reading whatever the first one is sending.
In both operating systems, this can be done by separating both commands by this character: "|".
In my previous post I gave you two examples which uses this method. All you have to do is to copy one of the two commands and changing the hash mode and the name of the file that contains the hash.