Extract hash with T2
What if i build apfs2john for macos and run it with terminal via MacOS recovery system. Will i get successfull extract hash for file vault?

I have mac 2019 pro with T2 and lost access to my data due forgot all passwords. But i need to restore it. And now i trying to find way for it. Thank you for help.
State of my task is next . I successfull extracted EncryptedRoot.plist.wipekey from preboot volume after it was mounted. Next step was make image volume of MacHDData which is file vault encrypted. I made this, but mmls, hdiutil and same else tools are not seeing there file system. Apfs2hashcat or john returned me
"Initialization of KeyManager failed.
Unable to init container.
"
My research lead me to conclusion that image i got is encrypted also with T2 chip while imaging or something else way. I already know about checkm8 and checkra1n projects which like i understand could to beat T2 encryption or get me ssh access to root but i dont understand what i could make with this. I have full access to my recovery os, also on this macbook installed ubuntu, maybe i dont need to make image and i could to use it directly for brute force. But question stay there, how i could to extract hash from ssd with T2 chip?
(01-03-2024, 01:09 PM)MikhailPole Wrote: how i could to extract hash from ssd with T2 chip?

at my knowledge, it's not possible
(on the other hand, there is a commercial tool Passware that does some low-speed-guessing when dealing with T2)