very low GPU usage NTLM mask attack
Hello everyone I'm very new to hashcat.. 
I read this:
https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=fre...full_speed

but I really have no idea how to proceed.. if it's even possible..

currently I'm using this command:
hashcat.exe -m 1000 -O -w 3 -a 3 -o foundNTLMpw.txt MYHASH ?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h?h

my GPU shows 1-2% usage inside Task-Manager / Process Explorer.

Inside hashcat I see this:
Hardware.Mon.#1..: Temp: 54c Fan:  0% Util: 98% Core:1935MHz Mem:6800MHz Bus:16
does this mean it uses 98%? 54 degrees celsius is not too crazy I think..

Is this just how it is with this one attack? am I able to speed it up smh by adding more concurrent hashcat tasks? like trying 11, 12, and 13 characters at the same time? if yes.. how can I do this?
You are using Windows 10's Task Manager to monitor GPU usage. The answer here is "Do not do that". It doesn't show you real/compute usage, it only shows you "3D/Render" usage, which hashcat is clearly not. Hashcat's reported usage is correct, 98% util. Task Manager is just refusing to count that and show it to you. Use a tool like MSI Afterburner or GPU-Z to monitor usage and you will see numbers that agree with hashcat.
is there a way to set this as solution?
Adding to what @Chick3nman  said ,

using and external monitor like 'OpenHardwareMonitor' will give you the GPU load, memory usage , fan speed , temp etc which the task Manager > Performance does not show .

(05-12-2021, 11:56 PM)vec Wrote: is there a way to set this as solution?
I don't need more clarification, but a way to mark the thread as solved.

(05-17-2021, 03:21 PM)sdt Wrote: Adding to what @Chick3nman  said ,

using and external monitor like 'OpenHardwareMonitor' will give you the GPU load, memory usage , fan speed , temp etc which the task Manager > Performance does not show .

(05-12-2021, 11:56 PM)vec Wrote: is there a way to set this as solution?