Help for CPU choose 12900KF or 5950x or something else
Rainbow 
Hello dear forum members. 

I am looking for new CPU for work on my old Ethereum wallet password. 
Hashcat mode is  15700

Which CPU best for me

intel 12900KF
AMD 5950x

or something else near to price range CPU $1000 
Xeon or  dual  Xeon solution  for me. 

Thank you all.
If you have a really good clue on how your pass looks like, save the money and build an own wordlist just for you, use together with masks

If you dont have any clue and want to bruteforce, save the money and buy directly ethereum
(03-26-2022, 04:40 PM)Snoopy Wrote: If you have a really good clue on how your pass looks like, save the money and build an own wordlist just for you, use together with masks

If you dont have any clue and want to bruteforce, save the money and buy directly ethereum

Thank you for reply. But my question is about CPU's . 
Which CPU is better for -m 15700   

That's all.
Maybe you didnt get my point, just for short, you will not be able to bruteforce any ethereum wallet password longer than 7-8 chars in any given time inside your or your kids lifetime, regardless which cpu you will use.

so, it is just waste of money and electricity, if it is your pass or if you have a good clue build a wordlist and use your cpu you already posess
(03-26-2022, 06:36 PM)Snoopy Wrote: Maybe you didnt get my point, just for short, you will not be able to bruteforce any ethereum wallet password longer than 7-8 chars in any given time inside your or your kids lifetime, regardless which cpu you will use.

so, it is just waste of money and electricity, if it is your pass or if you have a good clue build a wordlist and use your cpu you already posess

I can bruteforce all ethereum wallet(s) my own. Even more than 12 chars. And i already did that. And I do. 
And there were passwords that I cracked successfully.

So now I just need CPU advice as I write on topic. Nothing more. 

Thank you.
Considering my CPU is quite low performance, here is my speeds:

Code:
OpenCL API (OpenCL 3.0 WINDOWS) - Platform #2 [Intel(R) Corporation]
====================================================================
* Device #9: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400 @ 2.60GHz, 24471/49007 MB (6125 MB allocatable), 12MCU

Benchmark relevant options:
===========================
* --opencl-device-types=1
* --optimized-kernel-enable

----------------------------------------------------------------
* Hash-Mode 15700 (Ethereum Wallet, SCRYPT) [Iterations: 262144]
----------------------------------------------------------------

Speed.#9.........:       10 H/s (2.13ms) @ Accel:12 Loops:1024 Thr:1 Vec:1

Started: Sat Mar 26 19:25:27 2022
Stopped: Sat Mar 26 19:25:36 2022

Now take the comparison between mine and vrs the 12900KF:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Int...4233vs4611

Which would equate to a 2.38 performance increase would mean in theory it would produce ~24H/s

As for the AMD it appears to be quite comparable if not slightly better performing in workloads but as for hashcat I would also suspect nearly the same hashrate. This is all hypothetical but to atleast give you some data to compare too.