MaskSort - A computational sorter for your masks!
Heart 
Hey all! Just whipped up a quick sorting algorithm for you mask attack users Smile

It sorts your masks by computational power required, least to greatest.
It's pretty fast and gets the job done.

The neat part is the sorting is not done by mask length (that'd be boring!); but instead sorts by the possible key-space size of each mask.

VirusTotal: Scan Result

The file is linked to the post, enjoy!

Attached Files
.zip   MaskSort.zip (Size: 68.55 KB / Downloads: 12)
i hope no one will run this on his/her computer without any sandbox and or vm, this task could also be done quite easily with a scriptlanguage where the sourcecode can be reviewed

ESPECIALLY when your first post begins with

Quote:Hi All,

I'm relatively new to hashcat and have been doing escrow bounties in my spare time.
My -b reports 32,000MH/s on MD5, but when running a mask attack against 400K hashes it drops to 17,000 MH/s,
(05-18-2022, 03:12 PM)Snoopy Wrote: i hope no one will run this on his/her computer without any sandbox and or vm, this task could also be done quite easily with a scriptlanguage where the sourcecode can be reviewed

ESPECIALLY when your first post begins with

Quote:Hi All,

I'm relatively new to hashcat and have been doing escrow bounties in my spare time.
My -b reports 32,000MH/s on MD5, but when running a mask attack against 400K hashes it drops to 17,000 MH/s,

Hi Snoopy, I understand your hesitancy,

Let me introduce myself by saying I'm a long time software engineer of 7+ years with a BS in CyberSecurity, I own my own Software development firm, who operates out of Maine for some local companies! Just trying to help out the community, no time to mess around with malicious intent.

Anyone can feel free to verify the hash with the VirusScan result, or VM/sandbox test this application.

The sourcecode can be viewed here: PasteBin
**Or reflected using a .net reflection software

Thanks for taking a look Smile!
FYI, just stumbled upon this some time ago: mask generator and sorter
It generates masks out of a word list and sort them by popularity, computational power, alphabet. Passcape has some real gems in their apps.