Separator unmatched
Hi there everyone,
I'm trying to crack a .dat file, I got my hash but hashcat says Separator unmatched no hashes loaded. It's driving me crazy because I' ve tried everything! last year hashcat started this same file with no issues... So I can't understand where the problem is... Any of you has an idea? 
Thanks so much
(06-28-2022, 01:32 PM)horizon Wrote: Hi there everyone,
I'm trying to crack a .dat file, I got my hash but hashcat says Separator unmatched no hashes loaded. It's driving me crazy because I' ve tried everything! last year hashcat started this same file with no issues... So I can't understand where the problem is... Any of you has an idea? 
Thanks so much

There could be literally anything inside a file that ends in .dat.  What hash mode are you using? Post your full command line.
and post the way, how you extracted your hash (*2john)?

sometimes these scripts are adding unnecessary data and hc results in sep unmatched or token length exception
Thanks for your responses so far. This is my command line : hashcat -a 3 -m 11300 hash.txt ?a?a?a?a?a
I tried to use python to extract the hash, but I finally used a website to that. Last year I had no problem, the only issue I had is that it said that the file should be cracked on 8000 years Smile Not going to live that much!! I'm using The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux...
Thank you!
so you shared your .dat and therefore keys with a website? so dont be surprised if they crack your pw, get your keys and transfer any crypto to another wallet

you know the meme: not your keys, not your coins?

yeah, k.a.l.i is known for bad handling opencl, stick to any plain lts ubuntu style linux, mint or something similar