MD5 speed using 5700XT
Hi there,

I'm trying to use hashcat on windows 10 to crack a big list of MD5 hashes. I have the adrenalin 22.5.1 as required on hashcat main page, no error when I launch my command, but the speed for -m 0 is currently 1800 MH/s.

I saw on benchmark that it should be more than 20.000MH. How could I fix this slow speed ?

Thank you for enlightments.

EDIT : Also, how could I make hashcat not to print all the found hashes during cracking ? I set --quiet mode, with --status and --status-timer 30 but still it shows every found hash which is annoying. Thank you.
Ad1 Benchmark always shows higher scores because it is tested on a weak short hash and does not run on multiple hashes which increases speed and gives a high score. Use -w4 -O in command line.

Ad2
You need to choose a save format in the potfile preferably --outfile-format=2 this will be hash:password
Thank you for this answer.
So 1800 MH/s is a normal speed for a 5700XT ?

I tried with outfile-format=2, now the console prints only the passwords on the screen.
I got to say that it did prints all the recovered passwords in the potfile even yesterday when the console printed the hash:pass on the screen. What I would like is no to print anything on the screen except the status update every 30s.

Thought the quiet mode would do the trick but no.

Thank you Smile
(10-09-2022, 10:06 AM)ganon551 Wrote: Thank you for this answer.
So 1800 MH/s is a normal speed for a 5700XT ?

I tried with outfile-format=2, now the console prints only the passwords on the screen.
I got to say that it did prints all the recovered passwords in the potfile even yesterday when the console printed the hash:pass on the screen. What I would like is no to print anything on the screen except the status update every 30s.

Thought the quiet mode would do the trick but no.

Thank you Smile

Paste your entire command and I'll take a look.
Thanks.

Here it is :

Hashcat -m 0 -a 3 --quiet --status --status-timer 30 --outfile-format=2 hashes ?u?l?l?l?l?a?a?a?a
(10-09-2022, 10:36 AM)ganon551 Wrote: Thanks.

Here it is :

Hashcat -m 0 -a 3 --quiet --status --status-timer 30 --outfile-format=2 hashes ?u?l?l?l?l?a?a?a?a

hashcat -a3 -w4 -O -m0 --self-test-disable --hwmon-disable --status --status-timer=30 --outfile-format=2 hashes_file ?u?l?l?l?l?a?a?a?a results should only be printed in potfile.
Thank you for your answer.

The -w4 and -O flags are working as expected, I'm now at 3700MH/s.
On the other hand the other flags are not working to stop the console printing recovered passwords, it still does it, and of course prints it also in potfile.
Hi there,

Just a quick reply to say I found the solution to my issue with hashcat printing on the console. If someone else has the same issue, you just need to add the option -o nul on windows for instance, or -o=/dev/null/ on linux, to specify a null file for the output.