Crack first hash with first password etc...
I'm trying to crack sha1(salt.plaintext) password and I also have the beginning of the password so I have two separate file :
hash.txt --> hash: salt
dictionnaries.txt --> beggining of the password

I also know that the first password of dictionnaries.txt is the beggining of the first password in hash.txt, same for 2nd hash etc...
So I want to crack first line of hash.txt with first line of dictionnaries.txt and I will use rules to crack the passwords.

If I do this and I have 150 000 lines in hash.txt and dictionnaries.txt, hashcat will test 150 000 lines and not 150 000*150 000 (because it's not the same salt for each line)

But I always fail on doing this.
Wich command I could use ?
From my knowledge this is not possible within Hashcat. Hashcat will attack all hashes simultaneously rather than individually. You would need to run a backend script to isolate each hash and each dictionary line and run a separate attack in hashcat.
Looks like you want -a 9
(02-12-2023, 02:42 AM)slyexe Wrote: From my knowledge this is not possible within Hashcat. Hashcat will attack all hashes simultaneously rather than individually. You would need to run a backend script to isolate each hash and each dictionary line and run a separate attack in hashcat.

Thanks for your answer,
Do you know if it's possible do to it with an other tool ?
Otherwise, I will try to do a backend script
(02-12-2023, 04:06 AM)buka Wrote: Looks like you want -a 9

Thanks for your answer, I tried it and it was not working.
I tried again and now it's working, I think I was doing someting wrong so thanks !

Here is the command for people in the same case :

hashcat -m 120 -a 9  'hash.txt' 'dictionnaries.txt'
(use rules for better results)

The wordlist must be exactly the same length as the tharget hash list.
If you have 150 000 hash, you must have 150 000 passwords, and first hash have to correspond with the first password, same for the 2nd, the 3rd etc...